|Title:||Orientation Operations Manager|
|Department:||Workforce Development and Administration|
To provide the department Director with daily support to ensure the Orientations and Driver Development Department’s daily operations are aligned with our company values and strategic initiatives.
Develops and maintains a strong, supportive working relationship with the Department Director.Develops and maintains a strong, supportive working relationship with the Vice President of WDA.
Develops strategic working relationships across the organization in order to correctly identify policy and/or procedural changes and to align training curriculum with company needs and industry standards.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to successfully manage themselves and others.
- Ability to successfully meet project deadlines.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently or collectively.
- Ability to change direction when or as needed.
- Ability to prepare and execute well organized business plans.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with all current business tools.
- Demonstrates well developed:
- Coaching skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Human relations skills.
- Strong knowledge of:
- The organization, culture and purpose of Roehl Transport, Inc.
- The Orientation and Driver Development Department and how the department interacts with other departments.
- The curriculum and training events the department facilitates.
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Be attentive to detail and highly accurate.
- Plan, organize, prioritize and complete multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have CDL
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To provide the department Director regular feedback on department operations, soliciting input and feedback.
- Effectively manage location managers ensuring procedures, controls and systems are in place to manage day-to-day business.
- Assist in developing and managing driver capacity at all locations.
- Effectively manage department costs and assets.
- Manage staffing levels and ensure that all employees are well trained and highly productive.
- Engage in a rigorous program of professional development through reading, networking and classes to ensure knowledge of the latest instructional methods and industry practices.
- Revise and publish curriculum updates when and as needed.
- Assist in the development of new training content and materials.
- Facilitate Safety Sessions when and as needed.
- Look for and communicate opportunities for improvement both for the department and the organization.
- Ensure small issues do no develop into large problems through effective communication with team members.
This summary describes typical duties and responsibilities and does not limit management from evaluating, changing, or assigning other work as desired.
Roehl Transport is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status or disability.
Roehl will review criminal backgrounds and subject to any limitation imposed by federal or state law disqualify applicants with job related criminal backgrounds.
To learn more about Roehl Transport view this link http://vimeo.com/roehltransport/non-driver-recruitment
- Working Hard
- Working Together
- Playing to Win – the Roehl Way!